Monday, June 21, 2004

Open Letter to 100 Huntley Street

I am not sure that this letter is being written to the correct address, but I trust you will know where to forward it.

I just saw a commercial on TV with the former host of 100 Huntley Street’s unofficial endorsement of the Conservative Party in the upcoming federal election. While he did not come out and say to vote Conservative this was obviously the message.

This election appears to be a very close one and it is my intention to vote Conservative as I have always done. I support an agenda of lower taxes and fiscal responsibility. I think you should know that there are a great many Conservative supporters including myself who are more than just a little “put off” by the religious right. I see this commercial and it quite frankly makes me think twice and I am sure there are a great many disgruntled Liberals who after seeing this ad will be returning to the Liberal party for fear of electing a bunch of “Bible thumping extremists”.

If your organization supports the Conservatives, you would serve them better to pull the ads off the air before any more damage is done. Do not make the mistake of seeing yourselves or you ideals as main stream. Most Canadians I am sure would not support your message. Leave the political advertising to the experts or at the very least target your ads to like minded people. I am sure there is advertising available during the Benny Hinn show.

T

No comments: