Friday, May 06, 2005

It doesnt take much effort to discredit religion. Its leaders pretty much do that on their own.

Today on ABC’s This Week, Robertson was confronted with a passage from his book “The New World Order” where he writes, “How dare you maintain that those who believe in Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims? My simple answer is, ‘Yes, they are."‘


STEPHANOPOLOUS: Does that mean Hindu and Muslim judges?

ROBERTSON: Right now, I think people who feel that they should be in jihad against America (inaudible) the Islamic people saying they divide the world into two spheres: Dar al-Islam and Daral-Harb. The Dar al-Islam are those submitted to Islam. Dar al-Harb are those who are at the land of war. And they have said in the Qu’ran there’s a war against all the infidels. Do you want somebody like that sitting as a judge? I wouldn’t.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So I take it then, the answer to the question is that you believe only Christians and Jews are qualified to serve in the federal judiciary?

ROBERTSON: I’m not sure I’d make such a broad sweeping statement. But I just feel that those who share the philosophy of the founders of this nation, who assent to the principles of the Declaration of Independence, who assent to the principles that underlie the Constitution: Such people are the ones that should be judges.

1 comment:

loverOfTruth said...

I believe Islam is the most misunderstood religion or even a 'concept' in the world. To a certain extent for the behavior of its followers. Lot of people get into discussion about the details about Islam without even knowing the basic message of Islam. I invite you to visit my blog @
http://thesimplemessage.blogspot.com for a friendly, open and constructive discussion.

Peace.